It should not be that difficult…

Alohacayo

Songster
May 1, 2021
Southern California, Inland Empire
Okay, maybe I’m old school. But humans + chickens should not be so difficult. Keep chickens dry, clean, well fed, warm or cool and they should thrive…

They get kitchen/scratch, layer pellets, water + deep litter (desert environment).

My girls have been doing great for a year. Oh, and hoop coops are the bomb.

My kids:

Attachments

• 0755C3EF-27AB-494A-8DA5-B3E4E0F54EF9.jpeg
    0755C3EF-27AB-494A-8DA5-B3E4E0F54EF9.jpeg
    898.1 KB · Views: 9
Its not that hard unless you live in colder climates where the temps cant even be the same for a week. I mean I dont have problems but some people do.
Agree. But it’s still not really that difficult to keep the girls clean, warm/cool, well fed… if the humans don’t bite off more than can be chewed.

I’d love to have 50. But my environment will only allow 4. I have hatching/raising experience of psittacines. I can do intensive if required. But in general…

Don’t over crowd.
Keep warm,
Or keep cool.
Keep dry.
Feed a recognizable/balanced feed as primary.
Free choice water.
Keep safe.

That is basically it.

Agree. But it’s still not really that difficult to keep the girls clean, warm/cool, well fed… if the humans don’t bite off more than can be chewed.

I’d love to have 50. But my environment will only allow 4. I have hatching/raising experience of psittacines. I can do intensive if required. But in general…

Don’t over crowd.
Keep warm,
Or keep cool.
Keep dry.
Free choice water.
Keep safe.

That is basically it.
And dont buy from auctions as most come with mg

Don’t over crowd.
Keep warm,
Or keep cool.
Keep dry.
Free choice water.
Keep safe.

That is basically it.
Unfortunately, common sense and self control are not all that common.

Unfortunately, common sense and self control are not all that common.
Too true.

One thing that helps me with impulse control is to have a rule about buying stuff.

I want this. Ok, wait two weeks. Do you still want this?

1) Yes.
What do I have to do to get this/take care of this/afford this? Figure that out.

2) No.
Good thing I didn't get it then!

Back
Top Bottom