It was a pressure washing day!

TinkyFeathers

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
We pressure washed the coop today to get everything all clean so the hens (and Comet the roo) were all out free ranging. I have one hen seperate, Lily, that I keep inside because she was sick for awhile but she's getting better and she was totally in love with Comet. They grew up together and I could have sworn they like kissed eachother. He was just standing still then she like fixed his feather on his head, so SWEET! Anywho..... here are my pictures!

Lily and Comet sunbathing:

Lily:

Emily (and yes I know she looks like a coal miner):

Rainy hiding under a wagon:

All of my standard sized hens :)

Lavender, she's molting, that's she looks so scruffy:

Cora munching :D

Chloe's fluffy butt!!! :D

Two bantams, Primrose in the front and Claire in the back :)

A pile of eggs (My hens lay in nest boxes, I just put them outside for the pic :p):

Lily and Comet again:

Lacey the other coal miner:

Athena :D

Claire

Athena again

The coop, still wet with the coal miners inside:

Athena being beautiful:

And my favorite picture of the day, Chloe! I just love her to pieces :D

Thanks for looking guys!

All lovely. Ha, that pic of tiny Claire and big Athena was so cute (heck they're all cute but that one just stuck out to me), and the story of Lily and Comet so sweet.
love.gif
And the "coal miners"...
lol.png

Thanks!!!

Yes they are little coal miners. They had mites or something on their legs and someone said you could dip them in vegetable oil....and it made the dirt stick to their feathers soooo they are messy. Lol.

I mean dip their legs in vegetable oil, NOT THEM lol And I stopped with that btw, and the vet also told me they didn't have scaly leg mites sooo a waste of pretty feathers :p

Cool pics. I love the variety of your chickens!

FYI pressure washers are also an easy way to spray down coops for disinfecting. My pressure washer has a nozzle that sprays a heavy spray without much force; add some bleach to the container attached to the washer and viola! Easy disinfecting. Let dry before adding new bedding and chickens, of course.

Cool pics. I love the variety of your chickens!

FYI pressure washers are also an easy way to spray down coops for disinfecting. My pressure washer has a nozzle that sprays a heavy spray without much force; add some bleach to the container attached to the washer and viola! Easy disinfecting. Let dry before adding new bedding and chickens, of course.
Oh thank you for telline me! I was wondering if you could put bleach in it. It's not ours so we decided not too but the coop is nice and clean, we just painted it now too. :)

Back
Top Bottom