It was such a nice day out.. so I thought I'd share! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Year of the Rooster, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    [​IMG] I took some pics of the flock today... AND a video! Sorry.. no sound as I had to use the digital camera instead of our video camera. Hope everyone enjoys them! [​IMG]

Video: [​IMG]

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone enjoyed them as much as I did taking them. [​IMG]

2. Kathyschix

Kathyschix Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    Duncannon, Pa.
    They're great! [​IMG] What kind of chicken is the one that's mostly brown with the black "edging" around it's feathers? I hope that made sense!?! [​IMG]

Regards,

Kathy

3. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Those would be Golden Sebrights. [​IMG] I love them! They have so much personality. Don't tell the other sebrights, but I already have a favorite [​IMG] The black edging around them is called Lacing.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Great pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

I love the run! We need to build one, so I'm curious: How much did it cost to make?

5. Kathyschix

Kathyschix Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    Duncannon, Pa.
    They are beautiful (they all are!). And I won't tell about your favorite. [​IMG]

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Thanks! The camera I think is an Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom.

The run... umm. lol I'm not entirely sure how much, but the 2x2's were 8 ft long so we made the run 8x12 and made several pieces. We cut some of the 2x2's in half to add a 4 ft long piece to make each of the 12 ft. sides. Does that make sense? I'd have to check with my dad. It was so long ago since we built this lol. [​IMG]

7. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts

The run... umm. lol I'm not entirely sure how much, but the 2x2's were 8 ft long so we made the run 8x12 and made several pieces. We cut some of the 2x2's in half to add a 4 ft long piece to make each of the 12 ft. sides. Does that make sense? I'd have to check with my dad. It was so long ago since we built this lol. [​IMG]

I'd really appreciate it if you found out. I have to get my dad to build another one. [​IMG]

8. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio

I'd really appreciate it if you found out. I have to get my dad to build another one. [​IMG]

Will do. [​IMG] And my run is 6ft. tall so I can fit in there. If you wanted to save money, you could cut the height almost in half, then you wouldn't need as much wood. I *think* the cost, along with the wire, was less than 100. Like I said I'm not entirely sure so I will double check with my dad. [​IMG]

9. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Purdy chickens! [​IMG]

10. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    They are all beautiful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by