It worked yay yay yay so glad i perservered

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by loupan, Jan 22, 2012.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Well as i was saying on a previous thread i got two new chicks few of days ago ( 7 week old frizzle and arracana) and put them in with my big girls and the 4 8 week olds (2 silkies 1 orp and 1 EE all have been hand reared from a day old ) i was having trouble becouse the 2 new ones would not come anywhere near me and completly freak out if i tried to go near them ,such a difference when they have not been handled from hatch, the other chicks are super friendly and love to come say hi and have wee cuddles just like my older hens ,the new ones would just hide away from the other chicks also.Anyway everyone on here was telling me to just keep going into the coop and sit there for a while talking to them ,so i did this the other chickens thought it was great all this extra attention ha ha ha ha [​IMG],i have been doing this for the last couple of days spending atleast an hour in there with them and today when i got up the new babies were walking around with the other chicks eating with them and scratching getting on great ,and when i went into the coop they didnt run off just stood watching they even came and scratched around my feet and jumped up on the perch that was next to me [​IMG]this has to be a good sign ! what do you think ? are they starting to accept me do you think i realy want them to be as friendly and loving as my other chickens [​IMG] im super stoked though .

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good job![​IMG]

3. bluestar.ranch

bluestar.ranch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    Belville Tx
    me too x 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by