Italian Tuxedo

NY Coturnix

Songster
May 12, 2020
New York
Is it possible to get an Italian tuxedo color in a coturnix quail?

I have several colors and haven't really tried to breed for a specific color. I have browns, Tibetan, white, gold/Italian, and some Tibetan tux, and one lighter colored milk chocolate brown tux that I can't remember what they call. Anyway. I've kept them penned by when they hatched not by color so all colors are in the pens together. If I were to breed my whites with the golds would I get a golden tux or are both colors dominate where you would only get one or the other. I'm sure this has been covered but just wondered if it was a possible color.

Thanks

Here an example of italian pied (more pied as a classic tuxedo)

unnamed (4).jpg

Edit: the pied factors are not white.
White is a single factor color mutation, which is recessive. You will not get any pied by crossing with white. (Unless they have pied genes hidden).

You shoud cross your tuxedos with Italians and re-cross the F1 Generation, probably again the F2 Generation, to reproduce Italian from the dominat heterozygous brown, but now with pied genes.

I think I might have a tuxy pearl but it’s raining so I’ll check later and post a pic if I do. However, if I remember correctly, I think Myshire has some tux autumn ambers on their site, which is just roux + Italian.

oh I see. I was thinking it came from the white Italian cross. So an Italian crossed with a tux could result in the Italian pied.

Thanks you and pretty birds

I have several colors and haven't really tried to breed for a specific color. I have browns, Tibetan, white, gold/Italian, and some Tibetan tux, and one lighter colored milk chocolate brown tux that I can't remember what they call. Anyway. I've kept them penned by when they hatched not by color so all colors are in the pens together. If I were to breed my whites with the golds would I get a golden tux or are both colors dominate where you would only get one or the other. I'm sure this has been covered but just wondered if it was a possible color.

Thanks
I just got a Italian with white belly im trying to figure what mail it was used

Thanks
This is one i thought was it

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_125921.jpg
    IMG_20230910_125921.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom