Itching Chickens.

Wow. I‘m sorry that DE didn’t work for you. The afternoon after I powdered my chickens they actually quit scratching. Maybe it works on some bugs and not others. It is good to know.
DE isn't worth a crap for me. I have tried it on dogs, cats and chickens. I trusted it because everyone bragged on it so much. I dusted my dogs and cats down twice a week through the spring and half the summer. I used it all in my yard their beds and even sprinkled it in my carpet. I ended up with a cat that had chewed into his hide and dogs miserable. I noticed my arm was itching pretty bad and got to looking. I had flea bites. My dogs had fleas like crazy. I had to move everything, vacuum, steam, and spray my home and yard. I do throw it in the dust bath for added dust and dust them a bit for the same reason.
I also fed it to dogs and chickens. Dogs still had worms so I ordered Frontline Plus to get rid of the darn fleas. Thank God I am flea free...broke from the frontline for 4 dogs, but flea free lol
I thought maybe my chickens had fleas but they don't. It is definitely preening. They do exactly like the YouTube videos.

Wow. I‘m sorry that DE didn’t work for you. The afternoon after I powdered my chickens they actually quit scratching. Maybe it works on some bugs and not others. It is good to know.
I posted earlier today about a sour crop but I think it is a small blockage. I can feel little gritty stuff and it kind of fills like a piece of shelled corn. Do you know what to do with that?

Back
Top Bottom