It's a Brand New World to Me

JT_KROL

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 8, 2012
Mountainhome PA
Hi Everyone,

I decided to copy the list:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I don't have any chickens but we are considering getting some.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We don't have any but if we do decide to move forward with it we would probably go for a small amount maybe 5 or 6 birds? Still researching that part of it. We are open to suggestions, we are a family of 5 looking for eggs and then later to eat those chickens and start again in the spring.

(3) What breeds do you have?
None yet any suggestions? I would like birds that lay eggs and that can be eaten either by roasting or for soup.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I Googled raising chickens in my back yard.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I and my family enjoy serving at our local church. Where we don't consider that a hobby worship and service does take up quite a bit of our time. I sing, write my own music, play guitar, piano, keys and the mandolin.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live in NE PA in Mountainhome that is a village of Barrett Township. I have a beautiful wife a son and two daughters. I am disabled and have several problems that all of the medicines that are normally used to treat them have not worked. We are looking to change our diets and go eat the way God intended us to, and eating animals that have been fed what they would naturally eat. I want fresh eggs that I know what went into those eggs. When I eat a chicken I want that chicken to be one that is not engineered for bigger breasts or that is not raised in the dark. I want to eat a fresh chickens with none of anything "added". I am also studying to receive my Pastors Certificate and hope to be healthy again and go into a life of full time ministry.
smile.png

Welcome to byc to both of you I'm in VA also. I'm Rebecca.

I'm new to chickens. I got them September 27 2011

I have 8 chickens

3 buff orpingtons 2 silver laced wyandottes

3 black australorps one is a rooster.

My friend who is on here littlecreekfarm

I want to show and breed chickens this summer. I play guitar and some piano. I'm very sporty even though I'm not in any rite know.

I want to be a vet or poultry breeder. Ii want to get.more animals like sheep or cows. I'm very healthy for now. And I have a great family dog chickens mice ext. And I spend most of my time with my animals school and byc.

Hi and thanks for responding!!! I forgot to ad that I also have a cat (Max) that we rescued and a pomorainian we got from a shelter. She was about 5 or 6 when we got her. Her name is PIXY.

Back
Top Bottom