It's a conspiracy, y'see.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by farmerlor, Feb 23, 2009.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I just figured out the insidious plan by MacMurray hatchery. I'm slow that way. Y'see, they send you this "rare, exotic" chick as a freebie and then you're sitting here looking at it and you think "y'know, I really need to get this little guy some girl friends who look like him and breed up a bunch of these "rare and exotic" chicks. So you send in another order. And then in THAT order they send you a "rare and exotic" chick....... are you getting this now? It's an evil plot I tell's ya.

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Here's how to beat em. Just order 3 of every kind they have. Yes we are enablers here. he he. Good Luck

3. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Didn't work with us. Our freeby is a white cochin and our climate is wet with mud, iron heavy mud that stains white fieathers.

My husband is now completely anti feather legged.

[​IMG]

4. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    So, tell us, what exotic breed are you getting sucked into ordering??

5. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a plausible theory to me!

6. farmerlor

Quote:Well, it looks like my new little rare chick is a Lakenvelder and as I look at the breed I'm thinking that they're awfully nice looking birds. Wouldn't mind having a few of those around the place. But I know if I order anything I'll get ANOTHER rare chick.....

7. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    You think that is bad !? Mount Healthy send you 25 extras for every 50 that you order! Then you have to order 25 more of them to make them even!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  8. farmerlor

Quote:OH!!! That would boggle the brain!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by