It's a Hardback Life (Book Chat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled upon this thread in desperation due to the fact that my library just closed for the next 3 WEEKS...smh *insert multiple sad faces*

My reading addiction began at a young age which I blame on the "Book it" program at school, where you were rewarded with a free personal pan pizza at pizza hut for having 5 gold stars on your pin. I think we need an adult Book It so I can hit up Pizza Hut a couple of times a week.

Lately I have honed in on home organization books, my local librarians think I have the cleanest house around, which is a lie. Otherwise I enjoy historical fiction and non-fiction is fair game. Old west, French Revolution, 1800's England = mega interesting.

Fav author: Margaret Mitchell who somehow held my attention for 500+ pages of Gone w/ the Wind

Latest by the Japanese organization star miss Marie Kondo: The Life-Changing Magna of Tidying Up!

Last night I read one of five books I own Re: Marie Antionette. Somehow, no matter which of the 5 books I read, her head always comes off in the end.

I read physical copies of books because computer reading makes me cross-eyed!
😂😂😂 Her head always come off in the end... I just laughed so hard at this.

I'm reading Christy Barritt. She writes mystery or suspense books. I read a series of hers and I've been hooked since.

The Kindle Paperwhite reads like an actual book or newspaper. It's hard to explain. I got it because I have eye issues and the Kindle fire was killing me with awful headaches.

Favorite author would be a toss up between Jane Austen (perhaps because I'm a romantic), the Bronte sisters and J.K. Rowling.
I love everything Bronte and Austen, too! WutheringH was the first book I read clean through in 10.5 hours. I remember I couldn't put it down!

The Kindle Paperwhite reads like an actual book or newspaper. It's hard to explain. I got it because I have eye issues and the Kindle fire was killing me with awful headaches.
Ooo, sounds like a great idea, will have to check out the Paperwhite. It's a good thing you have such a riveting series to read since you are in lockdown mode!

I love everything Bronte and Austen, too! WutheringH was the first book I read clean through in 10.5 hours. I remember I couldn't put it down!

Ooo, sounds like a great idea, will have to check out the Paperwhite. It's a good thing you have such a riveting series to read since you are in lockdown mode!
I'm on another series from her. I'm on book 2 of 7. She has several so I'll have lots of books to read as long as I can download them.

I want pizza hut free pizza for reading. I'd have a lot of them by now 😂
I know, right! They made me believe I would grow up to be a highly successful millionaire who ate free pizza everyday because I was such a good reader. All they did was take away my free pizza and my dreams and left me with a reading habit :idunno

I know, right! They made me believe I would grow up to be a highly successful millionaire who ate free pizza everyday because I was such a good reader. All they did was take away my free pizza and my dreams and left me with a reading habit :idunno
But I bet you're smart. I don't even know if kid read books like we used to. I haven't seen my kids have an actual book from school besides their textbooks.

I don't read books much anymore, read thousands yrs ago, didn't need a library had my own took the discards from school home and that alone was hundreds.
I'd have to say one of my favourites and a good one to read right now during this 'epidemic',
'Alas, Babylon', by Pat Frank. 1959 novel, but a must read IMHO today, they survived.
Not a very long story but a good one.
Kinda wonder if they bought tp :lau

'Alas, Babylon', by Pat Frank. 1959 novel, but a must read IMHO today, they survived.
Not a very long story but a good one.
Kinda wonder if they bought tp :lau
Hmm, is that story anything like 1984 or Fahrenheit 451? Neither of which I've read but maybe if I had, I would have bought enough TP, which I didn't, and the 5-sheet maximum pull per sitting wouldn't be a real story at my casa 😩 struggles, man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom