It's about time....

TheJuniperFarms

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2018
As the title says... I have been one of those guests who frequent the forum for answers but never seem to join. Finally joined today! So here is a little about me...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I have had chickens gping on 3 years now. Cant get enough

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Toughy. We have several at different stages. Close to 50 I suppose

(3) What breeds do you have? Light brahma, Rhode island red, americauna / Easter egger, sexlink, & silkies

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We really enjoy sitting on the porch and watching them free range. They all seem to have different personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We raise rabbits and other fowl as well. Mostly the farm and the family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We are a family of 5. We have 1 dog, 13 rabbits, 3 turkeys, and close to 50 chickens. We love each one of them. I am a plumber but I wish I could work full time from home.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found the community through google searches. I realized I'm here enough I might as well join and start posting.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - it's great that you have taken the plunge and signed up.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Last edited:
Bonjour :frowand welcome from France!
full

I, too, waited a long time before joining. Isn't it great to be able to post and join the conversations?!

It sounds like you have enough birds that you can sit on the porch and enjoy quite a bit of entertainment. To be honest, I can't sit on my deck because three of my hens -- the two Faverolles learned by watching the Buff Orp -- believe that a person outside the back door likely has, or certainly SHOULD have, grape treats. In fact, if I don't show up with grapes when they think I should, I hear pecking on the glass door and see three little beaks awaiting fresh fruit.

See? People here might be amused when you tell stories like this. They understand chicken addiction; in the "real" world, not so much.

Welcome Juniper Farms!

Back
Top Bottom