Its another peacock health question

My girl is roosting low by the chickens still it has been a week now but hey at least she is roosting.
Fix lots of scrambled eggs get the others to try them in their group and once they start eating them throw some his way, my hen does not get picked on by the peas but she is afraid when the chickens come running to the food and leaves so i sneak off and find he and feed her out of my hand.
Funny some of my peas are afraid of the chickens and some are not.and the chickens are not out to get them just the food LOL

Hello again zazouse,
Is your girl roosting low because she's having trouble flying?
If so, are you concerned about predators? Sorry, I can't remember if your peas are all penned.

I followed my guy last night to see him roost and it seemed like he was having a hard time getting very far off the ground, not sure how well/if he can fly. It does seem like whatever his injury is is probably the source of his other problems.
Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on him, and take him to get looked at if he doesn't seem to be improving...

She is roosting about 4 foot off the ground on pallet roost i made for my chickens but if she were on the ground she would be fine, i have silkies that roost a foot off the ground on cinder blocks no problems.

I do not have any pens, i rely on my dogs to take care of the flocks Day and night and they do a darn good job of it, course there are 6 of them, i have 100's of birds so i need alot of coverage.

Have ya been able to get a look at his droppings? If you can get go out tonight with a flash lite and shine it under him and see if his feathers are messy around his vent instead of nice and fluffy, it's a way to observe without being invasive and causing him stress and make shure ya talk so the peas know it is you and not a critter, if i go out at night i have to talk to mine or they will sound the alarm and everyone gets going,

Back
Top Bottom