It's been 22 hours

What do you mean by that?
A lot of people choose to intervene if it hasn't gotten out yet, after a certain number of hours after its first identified as trying to get out.

But I can't remember what the usual cut off line is. Some people have stated on other threads how much time they usually give.

A lot of people choose to intervene if it hasn't gotten out yet, after a certain number of hours after its first identified as trying to get out.

But I can't remember what the usual cut off line is. Some people have stated on other threads how much time they usually give.
It's definitely not ready yet.
If it dies now OP did nothing wrong. Assisting now would just be a mistake. 24 hours is the usual cut-off, but if it's still yawning it can not be assisted yet.
I have gone through the heartache of assisting too early. It's sad. It almost never works out.

An incubator thanks I really appreciate your help. First time incubating chicken eggs so it's scary and stressful an personally would rather not try to help it hatch. But will follow steps when I have too so I can save a chick.
Did you check the incubator's temp with a calibrated thermometer? It may have been off. He might be behind in development due to too cool temps. Is he your only egg?

Did you check the incubator's temp with a calibrated thermometer? It may have been off. He might be behind in development due to too cool temps. Is he your only egg?
At the moment yes it's the only egg as the ones that were incubated with this one turned out infertile. I will have a few more hatch Sunday. Yes temp is measured with 3 thermometers including two temps an humidity ones an a zoomed temp one.

At the moment yes it's the only egg as the ones that were incubated with this one turned out infertile. I will have a few more hatch Sunday. Yes temp is measured with 3 thermometers including two temps an humidity ones an a zoomed temp one.
Ok 👍 Sounds good.

Still nothing :( 24 hours later since the first pip looks like the inner part of shell is kinda dry but I could be wrong as I don't know. I can still see it's beak an it pokes it out hole off an on but not working on unzipping yet. Looks so tired :( I feel so bad for it.

Still nothing :( 24 hours later since the first pip looks like the inner part of shell is kinda dry but I could be wrong as I don't know. I can still see it's beak an it pokes it out hole off an on but not working on unzipping yet. Looks so tired :( I feel so bad for it.
They always look tired. I feel like this is often interpreted as them being weak, but that is hardly the case. Hatching is very hard work. I think he's doing fine. He's just taking his time. Is he still yawning? Once he quite yawning there's a step you can take to help him a bit, which I'll talk you through later. If he hasn't hatched by then.

They always look tired. I feel like this is often interpreted as them being weak, but that is hardly the case. Hatching is very hard work. I think he's doing fine. He's just taking his time. Is he still yawning? Once he quite yawning there's a step you can take to help him a bit, which I'll talk you through later. If he hasn't hatched by then.
Thank you so much for your help. I'm sure I'm just stressing it to much.. I don't see the yawning anymore just the tip of the beak at times now. I understand there so tired I would be too just want it to be born so I can stop worrying. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your help. I'm sure I'm just stressing it to much.. I don't see the yawning anymore just the tip of the beak at times now. I understand there so tired I would be too just want it to be born so I can stop worrying. Thanks again.
You're totally fine. I get it. Hatching can be very worrisome. I think he's going to be ok. Give me a couple hours and I'll help you.

Back
Top Bottom