it's chick crazy here...update pg. 4

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Sep 11, 2008.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:DITTO!

and I would copy you and order some, but I could see my husband packing my bags now LOL

He has offered to build me a bunk in the coop, though

Double Ditto! My husband too has offered to build me a bunk in the coop, and would probably pack my bags, but I'm planting the seeds.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    looks like i need to build an addition on the coop and put bunks up for all of you![​IMG]

we'll have to set some ground rules, no eating in the cabin, sleep head to foot and if your mom sends you goodies, you have to share.

then, you can have all the chicks you want!

3. cat

cat Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    [​IMG]:jumpy I saw your chicks and anounced to my husband "I want more babies!" after picking himslef up off the floor he said are you sure you want to start all that again, (our youngest is 19)... when I told him I meant chicken babies he was so releived he said yes! if only I had realised sooner how easy this would be! I am ordering right now [​IMG] [​IMG]:jumpy

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hah! that's the secret start big (intentionally or not) and work your way down!
    way to go.

still haven't lost any and all full of energy. some have already grown so much (the meaties) that it's amazing!

don't forget to show us your peeps, cat! (so i can get more!!![​IMG])

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well after planting the seeds about getting more chicks my husband suggested to me that maybe we should think about getting more. Hooooooooooray!

I don't know about your DH's but usually it has to be his idea, so I plant the seeds.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    ha...i am one blessed wife when it comes to my ordering 25 or a gazillion chicks.

he always says, "Honey, anything you set your mind to, you do and do well. You do it!"

and when i ask, "do you mind about all this chicken business?" the reply is always the same, "No, Honey, I don't mind, I'm proud of my Little Chicken Farmer." this is usually followed by a kiss on my forehead and a hug.

am i super blessed or what? i almost have to pinch myself some days. no matter what, he treats me wonderfully, respects me and speaks highly of me in every situation. he rocks.

okay, now update on the chicks...put them on shavings yesterday and no one maxed out eating the wood dust! good job, little ones! still haven't lost any and all eating, drinking and growing like gang busters! GO TEAM BLESSED NEST!

cmom...how many are you going to order...eleventy billion, so you can keep up with our house? [​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good hubby there. Sounds like you both appreciate each other and that is another
    aspect of LOVE.

I forgot you ordered all those birds. Our cornish come this week.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yep, we sure do love each other...mushy mushy.

it's a give and take and i never push the limit either, out of respect for him. not fair.

oooohhhhh....more meaties! i still say they are a cake walk. but, can't wait to try the redbro's next spring in a side by side comparison on my own property.

you did the mt. healthy deal too, didn't you???

9. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Quote:You may need to give me a double bunk now. I let the younger guineas and chicks out to free range with the big boys today. Next thing I know DH wanted some scratch so he could throw some out to the youngsters to "get them used to scratch as a treat". He's out there on the deck in the drizzle throwing handfuls toward each little grouping. (I think he's learning to like them!) [​IMG]

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Not sure how many, but I get them locally. We have RIR's and DH suggested we get more RIR's. Actually I do what I want, but I like to let DH think it's his idea. After I do what I want to do, he complements me on what ever it is. He did build the coop for me. Now I want a new barn too, so that's the next seed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: