it's crowing!?!

cpwhip

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
Maryland
I went out to let the chicks out and heard all the normal cluck cluck and peeping then
heard a pathetic ERRR ERRR ERRRR they are only supposed to be 7 weeks old isn't that a little young?
I will take pictures I have a strong feeling I got 3 Roo's out of the 6 and I'm not sure who to keep if any
they are 2 Ameraucana and 1 splash which I am pretty sure is female and 2 blue copper marans..
I will need your help to figure out who's who other than the splash:(

Roosters have been known to crow very very early... uncommon but possible
wink.png

Quote:
yeah I was shocked! like I said I had a feeling 3 are Roo's I also have 8/ 13 week old sexlink pullets that haven't layed
yet maybe he is tring to be king Roo early before the other 2? the 3 I suspect are Roo's have good size red combs
and waddles on the sides of their faces and all the others look ladyish with very small combs.
I will get pics this afternoon I really need to find out who is who so I can decide who to keep if any, I was hoping for one Roo
Blue CM to go with the female splash but I'm not sure if thats right either. will definately need some advise here...

I had 2 roos out of 6 chicks - the first roo started crowing at 8weeks and the other didn't start til nearly 12 to 13 weeks!
We actually assumed we only had one rooster up to that point
smile.png

mine also crowed at 2 months old, and the other crowed much later at 5 months old. So it can vary. I have three chickens and two are roosters, the other I hope is a hen
smile.png

Quote:
LOL so he's and early bloomer:) I really wish I new more about IDing these guys/gals that would help a lot
the one that crowed is lil bigger then the other two Roo's in question and really a pretty blue color.
I read if I mate a splash with a blue CM then I would get lighter blue CM chicks but my hope was to get one Black CM
and mate it with the splash for 100% all Blue CM chicks lol I'm not even sure if thats correct or not.

Quote:
so far I'm 100% postive I have 8 RSL pullets one blue splash Copper Marans pullet and 2 Ameraucana one blue and one black
both look very girly if there is such a term, then there's the 3 Roo's I believe are all Blue Copper Marans. I will do my best to get good
pic's of all six and hope I can solve the mystery once and for all so far the crowing proves the slightly larger one is all boy, lol
it's kinda embarrassing to be a dumb chicken owner but I'm tring to learn.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom