It's day 20 and...Update! Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crunchie, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Update: We have 7 chicks! All of the little peeps that had fully developed are hatched and healthy. We have mostly blues and a couple of splashes (well, one looks to have all yellow fluff so he may be white or end up with just a few colored feathers). All are pure Ameraucana. Thank you for all of the replies from my fellow BYC hatching enablers!! [​IMG] I mostly only have time to lurk, but I always find a ton of helpful information here.

I can finally join the ranks of you hatch-a-holics out there!! It's day 20 of my first attempt at incubation and they're pipping!!! Oh. My. God. I can't stand it! It's so exciting, I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve!

And they're peeping in there, too. It is just too sweet!

Wish me luck that things go well from here on out. I had 15 Ameraucan eggs shipped to me from show quality stock. Blues/Splashes. They are the most beautiful blue eggs! I tossed two right off the bat because the air cells were floating around loose. I candled on...can't remember the day, too excited brain is fried....but whatever, I saw definite development in 8 of the remaining eggs. I did leave all of the eggs in the 'bator, though, 'cause as a newbie I was too afraid to trust my candling skills (but I did mark all of the ones I saw development in, so I can check myself after they hatch).

Yay!! [​IMG] Here's hoping they make it out OK!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  2. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Good luck!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] This will be me next weekend lol!! [​IMG]

3. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yay!

It's day 20 for me too. 3 chicks are out (We helped one, which was really too big for its shell)

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Good Luck

5. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    have any of them hatched yet?

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Update!! As of noon today (day 21) I have three brand-new Ameraucana chicks! Two are blue and one is a splash. 4 more eggs are pipped and are jiggling around and peeping. I candled the eggs that had not pipped last night (of the 8 that I had marked as developing from earlier candling) and discovered that one of my 8 was really clear, not sure what I thought I saw as development (maybe it partially developed). But it looks like the remaining 4 that had actually fully developed are on the way! Still crossing my fingers that they make it ok.

The 3 already hatched are starting to fluff up. They're quite lively and 'causing a rucus in the 'bator...it's like they're cheering the others on to get going and hatch already! [​IMG]

Yay!! Anyone else with a hatch happening? NewGuineaChooks, have any more of yours hatched?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by