its day 23 and nothing yet.:-(

Lisa0318

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Hi everyone, today is day 23 and my silkie mom hasent hatched out any babys yet, is there something i can do? I candeled last nite and all four eggs have babys inside moving. I know i didn't miscalculated my dates wrong because i have it marked down on my calendar. Does anyone know y its taking longer? Pls any advice would b grstefull.

Quote:
Yes that's what i have read here on the forums. Thank you tho for the fast reply.

No problem
smile.png
good luck!

Quote:
I have hatched out a lot of silkies and that is one problem that I have come across all the time. For some reason, my silkies are very slow, I guess they like to stay in longer to continue developing for there good looks. I wouldn't just throw them out, I would candle them again, see where they are on day 25 then interveen. If the mommy hen gets up it does slow down the process even more, so if she's getting a drink or some food or anything. I have had that happen several times as well, just when hatching day is here, she will spend less time on the eggs which will take more time for them to hatch.. But as soon as one comes out, then it's like dominoes, they all will want out.....Be patient you still have sometime yet....

Quote:
I have hatched out a lot of silkies and that is one problem that I have come across all the time. For some reason, my silkies are very slow, I guess they like to stay in longer to continue developing for there good looks. I wouldn't just throw them out, I would candle them again, see where they are on day 25 then interveen. If the mommy hen gets up it does slow down the process even more, so if she's getting a drink or some food or anything. I have had that happen several times as well, just when hatching day is here, she will spend less time on the eggs which will take more time for them to hatch.. But as soon as one comes out, then it's like dominoes, they all will want out.....Be patient you still have sometime yet....

Oh I see, well thanks for the info im so worried and stressed out that they are not hatching or making noises and mommy is just sitting on them
hit.gif
, she does get up in the morning every day for a drink and some food and even grooms herself a bit but then she runs over to her eggies. This is our first time hatching these babys so i dont know much but thank you for your information its very helpfull because im ready to pull my hairs out if they dont hatch.
barnie.gif

NO
hit.gif
,im so sad i dont know whats going on i candeld them last nite and they are there live and moving but i dont hear nothing . what else should i do now?
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom