It's Floodin' Down in Texas!

happybooker1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2012
Huntsville Texas
Almost lost 7 chickies yesterday! According to my rain gauge we got 7" of rain in about 45 minutes. The creek behind my house flooded into my yard. Here's a cellphone pic of my coop & the flood water:

I waded out there in hip-deep water to find only TWO chickens out of 9 in the coop!! After calling frantically and going everywhere I found 6 more either trying to swim in the water or nearly drowning pushed up by the back fence from the flowing water. I could NOT find the last one so I finally gave up. Shut the coop & prayed the water stopped rising. Thankfully it did & no water got into the coop itself although all my waterers/feeders& coop ramp floated off.

Went out this morning and the missing pullet was squawking for her companions in the yard! Don't know where she was during the night but glad she & the others are OK! Everyone seems to be fine--up & active & they even caught & demolished a crayfish they had found in the chicken yard.

I am glad that all your chickens are ok. We are in alabama so some of that rain is heading our way. Our only chicks are still inside thank goodness. I hear thunder now!

Oh goodness! Australia's heading into Winter - not looking forward to our flooding!!! So happy your babies r okay!

Back
Top Bottom