I am doing an all nighter.

tony

How ironical.
I made that post and I became just hatched on the forum
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Yeaahhhhh.

Got up this morning and we have 5. so cute they are. 2 to go for the full quota of 7 i put in.

The first one will have been hatched 24 hours at 5pm this evening.
When should I put some food and water in?
The first one must be very thirsty.

Tony

I lost three healthy large Ameraucana chicks because I didn't help! They were too big to zip properly due to too high of humidity durring their incubation. I think you did the right thing annnnd ........
CONGRATULATIONS
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

I am new to hatching chicks but it is my understanding they can go 2 to 3 days in the incubator after hatching without food or water due to the fact they absorb their yolk sak and this provides what they need. If you only have two eggs left to hatch I would just give it a little more time then you will probably have them all to take out.
New little fuzzies Wow
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

YAY!! The chicks can last for 2-3 days without food or water, they live off their yolk sac.
You can put it in after they are in the brooder, but don't really worry about it HAVING to be in there right away.
Congrats on the new babies!

Sad

51 hours after first hatch I decided because there was no pippinng or trembling I would look in the last two eggs.

I crackd them open to see 2 perfectly formed dead chicks.

WHY???????????????

I had 7eggs and 5chicks are running roung chirping. I did NOTHING different yet I have two dead perfectly formed chicks.

There was no smell as I lifted them. BUT I did notice a green mark undfer each of the eggs?

I guess I am lucky i have 5 little fluff balls but I would like to know what I did wrong with the other two?

Feeling reallydown.

That has happened to alot of us I think! I know it's happened to me! Could be they had something internal wrong that the eye can not see! I am soooo sorry but I don't think it was anything you did wrong
hugs.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom