It's not a UFO from Mars. It's the new coop! (ruff cut)

Feb 8, 2018
Wildomar, CA
10x4, nothing special but looks kinda comfy :).

Good part, it's big enough to fit the girls and myself if things hit the fan at the house :)

The 4 babies are in too, hence the heath lamp and no more pooping on my "garage office" desk lol.

9 weeks old Buff Orpington and "Lil' Peanut", born on September 15th, not sure who her mom is but she's the sweetest. Her dad is the sweetest lil' bantam rooster too.

IMG_0206.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0327.jpg IMG_0355.jpg IMG_0356.jpg IMG_0358.jpg IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0360.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.01.08 PM.png

I’m glad you’re happy with it!
10x4 is a good amount of room for 4 hens...

Hard to see much with a red light:)

Not to sound picky .. but do you have cleats on the ramp? It’s a good idea especially if it rains .

Maybe some daytime pictures ?

Have fun ,

There are many different ways to make a ramp easier on them . Not everyone is comfortable with power tools,

I’ve seen carpet , shingles, cleats and cuts in the wood .

Whatever works for you :)

Cleats are not needed per say all you need is something for them to grip. I use saw cuts every 1/2" or so about 1/8" deep
'Reverse cleats' :lol:

I prefer cleats as being easier to clean than grooves....
...course you could make tool for that too! ;)

Am guessing the OP's ramp has grip tape.

'Reverse cleats' :lol:

I prefer cleats as being easier to clean than grooves....
...course you could make tool for that too! ;)

No need to make a tool for that it's just a brush from the cleaning section at your local store. Takes about 2 seconds to clean the ramp as no poop ever sticks to it with the Sweet PDZ that comes out on their feet and falls on the ramp.

JT

Back
Top Bottom