Its ridiculous!

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
I am building a super deluxe poultry palace... and my plans call for 8 windows. Well, never would've imagined the price of windows has gone up to $60-$80 each!

Definately have to find them somewhere else...

I just bought two 36" by 48" wooden windows on ebay. New, but were in a barn for a while. Paid $25 for both.
yippiechickie.gif

Check ebay, Freecycle and Craigslist.

My old landlord has tons of windows he took out of houses he remodeled. If you know someone who does remodeling or construction that can be a good source also.

Yes, Craigslist has windows all the time, however you might not feel like waiting for whatever length of time it takes to get 8 windows, all of the same style, and of the right sizes. Why not make your own. That's what I did.

we just scored 4 windows for $25 each that are double pane tinted and sound proof! got them off craigslist from a contractor who did a remodel at an air force base.

We have a Habit for Humanity 'Restore' in our town. I've not been there, but have a friend who tells me they have wonderful stuff for great prices. If you have something like that where you are, you might check it out.

I have seen plexiglass used which is often cheaper. I found some not long ago at a yard sale. 6 pieces each measuring 8' w x 12" h for about 30.00

Last edited:
I happened to luck out. I had to go Syracuse(30 miles away) for some items for my camera. As I drove through one suburbs, there were piles and piles of yard waste and other non-typical trash. I think it was like a cleanup day. I drove slow and pilfered a nice window out of one of the piles...
big_smile.png
They're around, you just have to look sometimes. Maybe even throw up an add or two around town. When people know you want something like that, they often come in hordes!

Back
Top Bottom