Its snowing...Bleh....

portage girl, you know its funny I saw your screen name and first thing I think about is portage glacier....did you ever make it there?

anyway you are totally right about the socialization in the winter.... it totally seems liek people do way more in the winter than summer.... its not that I dont want to hang with friends in the summer I just got to much stuff to do. fishing, berry picking exploring stuff.... this year I am going to collect fiddlehead ferns to eat in the spring I have spot scoped out already too!!!

well you can come visit alaska you have a place to stay!!!as long as your not alergic to kids dogs or cats or birds....

Quote:
Oh I definately made it to Portage Glacier quite a few times, and got out of Anchorage at every opportunity, though Anchorage is a nice enough place too.

I was stationed at Elmendorf for 7 years, my claw marks are still at the gates if you look close enough. I tried very hard to stay longer, but Uncle Sugar had different ideas. I couldn't watch nature/travel documentaries about AK for at least a year without bursting into tears, and I still avoid them.

We went many places and traveled all over as a bit more than tourists, but we also took a weekend or so every now and then to simply BE tourists. It's a whole lot of fun too.

I'm alergic to nothing you mentioned, and though I don't expect to be able to visit anytime soon, I thank you for the invite!
smile.png

[Edit] my name is a combination of the fact that I live where I grew up in Portage County in Ohio, and the happy reference of Portage Glacier... though, there's not much of the glacier to be seen last time I was there.
hmm.png

Last edited:
*sigh* You get all the luck. Here it's 60 today and supposed to be 70 on my b-day.

Back
Top Bottom