1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's that time of year again....

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by DcSmile06, Apr 12, 2012.

1. DcSmile06

DcSmile06 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2012
    Texas
    Got both of these just today..

[​IMG]
    My son found this one

[​IMG]
    My German Shepard killed this one...Gonna give her a steak tonight or something...Thats my nephews Size 9 shoes.

2. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Yucky! I wish my dog would kill me a snake. I think if she ever saw one (she's only 7 mo. so I don't think she has yet.) she would either try to play with it and get bitten, or run away screaming. She's a huntress, that one. =P

3. DcSmile06

DcSmile06 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2012
    Texas
    LOL, My german Shep ( Daisy) has always hated them. Her puppies (9 wks old) wanted to play tug of war with the dead body..yuck. The fist one my son let go since it was just a baby, I had my nephew make sure the one my dog killed was dead since it was headed towards my kids play area. I HATE snakes. I dont mind the bull snakes cause they keep the other snakes away but ugh I dont want to see them.

4. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Bleh! Snakes give me the heeby geebies. [​IMG]

I'm not looking forward to the first chicken snake I find. I've only had chickens of my own for... some months. It's time for the snakes to come out and play again. :\ I will not be a happy camper the first time I find one around my chickens. My cat just had kittens so hopefully one of them will be a good hunter. Mama knows not to eat our chickens, so she should pass that on to her babies... *kill a snake little kitty!*

5. Indigosands

Indigosands Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Yucca Valley, CA
    look to be babies, might be more out there. My cats kill them too, I have no idea how they do it without getting bitten.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by