It's triplets! and a huge rave! (bantam ducks)first swim pics in reply

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by asher, Mar 31, 2009.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Okay, maybe not triplets, but three awful cute ducklings, that I cannot tell apart for the life of me! [​IMG]

Long story trying to be short, I had one hatchling hatch out of 10 eggs Saturday. One australian spotted baby, precious, but I did not want a singleton again and s/he was very lonely, peeped tons and jumped out of the cage every time we opened the door. Still not sure what happened with my hatch, but that's neither here nor there.

I put a call out to all local venues that I could think of (and I do have quite a few locally that I can try to find poultry). Nothing. Did find that TSC had standards and a local feed store did as well, but I kind of wanted to stick with bantams so this guy would not be run over.

Now the rave [​IMG]

A friend gave me the address for KawonuFarm.com who is somewhat local to me (about 40 minutes, but near my midwife office). We had seen their lovely waterfowl (call ducks, especially that I was drooling over) at a local show a month or so ago. So, I e-mailed, hoping upon hope, but figuring he'd not have any for sale or would be out of my price range.

NO! I heard back from him, he had some for sale, very reasonable and not only would he sell to me, but his wife was willing to meet me near my midwifes office with some to choose from. HUGE rave for this new'ish farm/family. They do have some gorgeous birds inc. buff pomeranian geese.

[​IMG] I don't remember what colors I got, but my gosh they're adorable!!! DD has named them Phineas, Ferb, Perry and Doofensmirtz. Yes, from Phineas & Ferb. [​IMG] I had only planned to get two...but got three instead. The darker one is my aussie, the lighter ones are the calls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Precious little angels. I can't wait for my babies to arrive. Gotta wait til May tho'[​IMG]

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh! What are you getting and from where? This breeder is in western nc. [​IMG]

4. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh, you simply cannot beat a bantam duckling - they just take the cake! You're so lucky! [​IMG]

5. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Man I wish someone by me had cute call ducklings for sale!!!

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Asher, I ordered these from a breeder in Ill. Didn't know there was a breeder in WNC. Where are they?

7. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I just e-mailed him, I have been looking for some white call ducklings. Does he ship Asher? [​IMG]

8. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    chickensioux ~ they are in Leicester. [​IMG]

Feather Acres ~ I'm not sure if they do or not. Drop them an e-mail, though. They are very friendly. [​IMG]

9. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Those are precious! Congratulations!

10. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ducklings had their first "bath" today. It's one of the cutest things with young ducklings, seeing what they think of a lot of water, watching them submerge and 'swim' across the tub, etc., then stand tall and flap their wings. (This is the sure sign of a happy duck/duckling, IMO. :luv)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by