It's triplets! and a huge rave! (bantam ducks)first swim pics in reply

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
Okay, maybe not triplets, but three awful cute ducklings, that I cannot tell apart for the life of me!
lau.gif

Long story trying to be short, I had one hatchling hatch out of 10 eggs Saturday. One australian spotted baby, precious, but I did not want a singleton again and s/he was very lonely, peeped tons and jumped out of the cage every time we opened the door. Still not sure what happened with my hatch, but that's neither here nor there.

I put a call out to all local venues that I could think of (and I do have quite a few locally that I can try to find poultry). Nothing. Did find that TSC had standards and a local feed store did as well, but I kind of wanted to stick with bantams so this guy would not be run over.

Now the rave
smile.png

A friend gave me the address for KawonuFarm.com who is somewhat local to me (about 40 minutes, but near my midwife office). We had seen their lovely waterfowl (call ducks, especially that I was drooling over) at a local show a month or so ago. So, I e-mailed, hoping upon hope, but figuring he'd not have any for sale or would be out of my price range.

NO! I heard back from him, he had some for sale, very reasonable and not only would he sell to me, but his wife was willing to meet me near my midwifes office with some to choose from. HUGE rave for this new'ish farm/family. They do have some gorgeous birds inc. buff pomeranian geese.

love.gif
I don't remember what colors I got, but my gosh they're adorable!!! DD has named them Phineas, Ferb, Perry and Doofensmirtz. Yes, from Phineas & Ferb.
lau.gif
I had only planned to get two...but got three instead. The darker one is my aussie, the lighter ones are the calls.

Picture371.jpg

Picture373.jpg

Last edited:
chickensioux ~ they are in Leicester.
smile.png

Feather Acres ~ I'm not sure if they do or not. Drop them an e-mail, though. They are very friendly.
smile.png

Ducklings had their first "bath" today. It's one of the cutest things with young ducklings, seeing what they think of a lot of water, watching them submerge and 'swim' across the tub, etc., then stand tall and flap their wings. (This is the sure sign of a happy duck/duckling, IMO. :luv)

Picture391.jpg

Picture392.jpg

Picture393.jpg

Picture394.jpg

Picture395.jpg

Back
Top Bottom