It's wet outside...

Koeyohte

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2012
Hi all,

I have a large enclosure built for my two BRs. It has a spot in the back that is always shaded and also is kept dry.

However, once the rainy months arrive (just started getting real rainy and constantly wet these past weeks), it's almost always moist, or even had standing puddles and is kind of mucky.

Usually I rake the pen and/or shovel stuff out. I've moved recently to my University but I want to see what else I may be able to do so that my mom or sister can help them out until I am back.

I heard about some sort of lime powder that may be sprinkled and left to sit overnight. What is this exactly and does anyone here use it?

Thanks very much,
~Koey

I guess you are in FL by the swap info at the bottom of your post, right? You might try going to the state thread for Floridians and asking if anyone there knows.

I'm up in the northern part and you're right about it getting wet here lately. Winter is coming. I don't know how to answer your question but maybe someone that has had chickens in FL longer than me will.

Here's a link if you want to post on the FL state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/305793/florida-always-sunny-side-up/14330#post_14158500

Good luck with your chickens and with university!

Back
Top Bottom