1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

iv got it too

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jmantoo1, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    hi i think i have the fever too i have 3 hens and 1 cock that i started with now i have 20 rir pullets and 32 in the brooder and 22 game birds in the bator my wife thinks im nuts yes iam i have chicken a ownus lol [​IMG] im crazy about chickens

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome to the SANITY!! Last year I too started with one little roo, he was a rescue.....then..he needed friends...so 3 new hens...then, the coop was WAY too big for just the 4, so 15 babies....now, this year...17 buff Orpingtons one domique? Freebie..5 Aracuana(sp)? and a polish Roo on his way from Nevada!. Oh, and not to forget...my 3 frizzles, and 27 eggs in the bator!! Oh the joy of being an addict!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I started out wanting only 4 or 5 hens and a rooster.

The dog brought one home. It's lonely, needs a friend, got it 3.

Oh, dear......daughter's friend's mom needs to find homes for some of her too large flock (can a flock "really" be too large??? I think not........). I'll take 5 hens and a rooster (isn't that what I wanted to begin with?)

Hmmmmm......that's 9 and the roo. Found more on freecycle...........OH! I'll take 5!

Neighbors had a 'stray' show up with a clutch in their barn. Gee......they need a home. So, add mom and her 9 chicks........

.......wonder how much longer the chicks will be at the feed store????? I don't have any buff orpingtons yet, you know............

Hubby's built 3 coops in a year for those 4 or 5 hens and rooster now. But, honey......I still have an empty kennel I can use, right??? LOL

In all honesty, though. Getting my chickens is one of the best things I've ever done for myself. They are so calming and entertaining. And, they like to see me coming with the 'chicken can' in the mornings!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by