I've Been Bamboozled !

I'm guessing about the same as when that big dam wolf spider jumped on me.
Many many years ago, I was taking leave and visiting my parents in Cape Coral Florida. I was helping my dad one morning and opened the garage door. You know how garage doors have like those, I guess you could call them ledges that run across. them? Well unknown to me, there was a snake on the ledge thing. As the door opened, this SOB slithered off and right down the back of my T shirt.

You think Hulk Hogan and those WWF sissies are impressive ripping their shirts off? Oh I can guaranTEE you I had them beat by any stopwatch in the world!! It's not so much that I am afraid of snakes but not knowing what TYPE of snake it was... THAT was the fear factor. In my tiny little hillbilly mind, I am picturing this 40 foot rattle snake, copper head, water moccasin, coral snake, Cape Coral Serpent of Death... snake, etc etc down my shirt heading for other unspeakable regions to do the unthinkable!! Me running down the driveway screaming and ripping my shirt off while doing the heebie jeebie dance. Thank god there were no camera's around to capture THAT magic moment....

Aaron

I use rat poison with bromethalin.
What is Bromethalin used for?
Bromethalin was developed for use against warfarin-resistant rodents. It is a restricted-use rodenticide used in and around buildings and sewers and inside transportation and cargo vehicles. It is extremely toxic, and only a single dose of bromethalin is needed to cause death in rats and mice.

Many many years ago, I was taking leave and visiting my parents in Cape Coral Florida. I was helping my dad one morning and opened the garage door. You know how garage doors have like those, I guess you could call them ledges that run across. them? Well unknown to me, there was a snake on the ledge thing. As the door opened, this SOB slithered off and right down the back of my T shirt.

You think Hulk Hogan and those WWF sissies are impressive ripping their shirts off? Oh I can guaranTEE you I had them beat by any stopwatch in the world!! It's not so much that I am afraid of snakes but not knowing what TYPE of snake it was... THAT was the fear factor. In my tiny little hillbilly mind, I am picturing this 40 foot rattle snake, copper head, water moccasin, coral snake, Cape Coral Serpent of Death... snake, etc etc down my shirt heading for other unspeakable regions to do the unthinkable!! Me running down the driveway screaming and ripping my shirt off while doing the heebie jeebie dance. Thank god there were no camera's around to capture THAT magic moment....

Aaron
I heard that. Was unloading some square bales of hay and had a snake drape across my arm nearly killed myself trying to get it off me and away from it. I’d also be willing to bet I set a Guennis world record for stripping naked when I unintentionally sat in a fire ant mound. I’m sure the passerby’s got a good laugh seeing me running screaming flailing about while shucking clothes every which way.

Oh those fire ants are no joke. I don't know if they are getting worse as the years go on or I am losing my tolerance to them but when I get bit, I can expect a big pussy pimple like ulcer / blister in a few days where it bit me at. NOT pleasant creatures at all. and they seem more prevalent. I generally poison the hell out of the yard to keep them under control, but now that I got chickens running around, I can't dust like I used to, for fear of making the birds sick. They won't eat them either :( As much as they do root around, it kind of surprises me that they have not upset a mound or gotten nailed a few times already themselves.

Aaron

Oh those fire ants are no joke. I don't know if they are getting worse as the years go on or I am losing my tolerance to them but when I get bit, I can expect a big pussy pimple like ulcer / blister in a few days where it bit me at. NOT pleasant creatures at all. and they seem more prevalent. I generally poison the hell out of the yard to keep them under control, but now that I got chickens running around, I can't dust like I used to, for fear of making the birds sick. They won't eat them either :( As much as they do root around, it kind of surprises me that they have not upset a mound or gotten nailed a few times already themselves.

Aaron
Over here you can pour boiling water on ants nests and it kills them. Would that be a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom