I've got an egg eater !!!!

flymamma

Songster
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
My Delaware was caught yellow faced today . YOLK all over her face . Time to build the roll away nests . The funny thing is she has had kinda a yellow tint to feathers the last few weeks . I thought maybe she was an internal layer , IF she is laying she has just started this week . She was hatched march 28 th , but is low on the pecking order ... despite being the loudest mouthed chicken on all
wink.png
Could it be that the yellow tint to her feathers is from the eggs she is eating ?

Before you do the roll downs, you may want to try to add more protein to her diet....I've read that they do not eat eggs unless they need the protein. Ours stopped when more protein was made available.

Hope this was helpful.

i asked my friend about that she said it realy works to feed the egg eater a small potion of scrambled eggs , she said when the start eating eggs they wont stop because it tastes verry good to them, giving them the cooked egg gives their treat and they wont feel the need to help themselves to a treat. she said she had 3 that started eating eggs and when she started offering scrambled egg to them they stopped eating raw eggs altogether and has never had a problen since.

Back
Top Bottom