I've got another broody!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Amyh, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Amyh

Amyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    One of my black australorps was very puffy yesterday when I went to lock the girls up for the night. She roosted, but was puffy. Today she is sitting in the box all puffy. She's not snarling or pecking yet, so I think I'll wait a few days and then give her some eggs. I'm so excited that I'll have some more chicks running around soon!! My last broody hatched out 2 little chicks that are barnyard mixes. I'm thinking of getting some Maran eggs. I'm super excited!!!

2. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:My black sex link is trying to go broody. I want no more this year!!! coop is beyond maximum capacity,lots of bantams, quail growing out my ears, But I need a muscovy drake. [​IMG]

3. dconf

dconf Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    i wish one of my girls would go broody [​IMG]

5. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG]

6. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    How exciting. We are on our 2nd try for my broody Millie. The first set I tried to move here to a separate area and she went off the next for a day until I let her back and we lost the eggs. But she has 7 under her now 3 that I can definitely see are living. Hopefully she will get these hatched!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    One of my Light Sussex girls is broody. [​IMG] Just when I needed them to lay a bunch of eggs. *Sigh*

~ Aspen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by