I've got no clue. Anyone else??

Most adult roosters are pretty tolerant of juvenile birds. Your young one won't start to act like a male for a few more months. Once he reaches maturity and starts trying to breed hens, your adult rooster may take notice of him and there may be some sparring for dominance. Or he may continue ignoring him. Or they will fight till one is seriously injured. It all depends on the temperaments of the males involved.
I have had many cockerels and adult roosters in my flock at once. Most will tolerate each other just fine, once the pecking order is established.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I guess the little EE will live or die based on my RIRs tolerance, or intolerance, of him. He better be nice. :lol:

We have a coop cam (coop/run out of site from house), so I'll watch closely the behaviors that develop here. Thanks.

Oh, since you're kind and knowledgeable...:D...any clue as to the color variation of this EE type? I know the lady I got them from sad they were a mistake in her order, extras, and she didn't know what they were. I'm assuming they are of a certain pure color...but what do I know??? LOL!:lol:

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I guess the little EE will live or die based on my RIRs tolerance, or intolerance, of him. He better be nice.
lol.png

We have a coop cam (coop/run out of site from house), so I'll watch closely the behaviors that develop here. Thanks.

Oh, since you're kind and knowledgeable...
big_smile.png
...any clue as to the color variation of this EE type? I know the lady I got them from sad they were a mistake in her order, extras, and she didn't know what they were. I'm assuming they are of a certain pure color...but what do I know??? LOL!
lol.png
Easter Eggers are not any recognized colors/varieties. They aren't bred for any specific coloration, so they can literally be any color/pattern combination. Even when you know exactly what genes you are working with, you never know what is going to be produced by a pairing. All of these birds have the same mother and father. And they all share the same grandfather, on both sides of their pedigree.

Oh, geez. Ok, I see. lol... So, a breed of mutts with certain shared characteristics. Right on! :thumbsup

Ok....got three new chickens, the younger two are around 8 weeks, oldest is 10-12 weeks. There's 2 different kinds of chickens, the older one is different from the younger two. I have a couple ideas...but I don't know enough to say for sure. :/I'd love some help guessing their breed...
big_smile.png

The smaller ones:

The large one:

So...what say you good people? What have I got here?
hu.gif
EE cockerel, the other one is a pullet--not an EE, probably a mixed breed.

So...guess who I heard practice HIS crow this morning?? :rolleyes: Yep. Definitely a cockerel. Hubby wants to cull him. I say he stays as a backup roo as long as he behaves himself & doesn't redirect my main roo's attention away from his various jobs. By the end of the year, I'll have 14 hens, so 2 roos isn't terrible, I suppose. I just hope Roo#2 behaves. Or he'll lose his head. Hubby is just looking for a reason...lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom