I've got rainbow eggs!

CarolJ

Dogwood Trace Farm
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I feel a little silly to celebrate eggs so much - but I had to share what just happened.

I've been out of town for the past week. My chicken-sitter let me know that one of my EE's started laying - a pretty blue egg. Then the other chicken-sitter who took care of them yesterday and this morning told me that there was a green egg. I figured it was the same chicken - the color just looked different to the two different sitters. The first sitter put the eggs he gathered in our refrigerator. The sitter from yesterday and this morning took home the eggs she gathered.

So I got home this afternoon - and in my refrigerator I had seven white eggs and two blue eggs. Then I checked the coop a few minutes ago, and right there in the nest box was a beautiful light green egg. I'm THRILLED that one of my EEs is laying green eggs.

The colors don't come through very well in the photograph. There is a white egg in between the two blue eggs and the one green egg. Now - if my two brown egg layers will only start laying - and the other two EEs, too!

94611_eggswhitebluegreen8611.jpg

Wow.... that's awesome. I love rainbow eggs! I can't wait until my EE's start laying. Should be soon I hope. I just checked the calender and they are 23 wks old now. I have 2 EEs so I would really love it if one laid blue eggs and one laid green. I keep telling them that too.

WONDERFUL!!!! I LOVE the variety of colors I have and can't wait for the rest of my hens to start laying!!! So far every hen lays VERY different eggs and I have an EE that I hope will start laying this next week! My RSL laqys a dark brown egg that is almost a burnt orange color, one speckled brown, 1 light brown, 1 white and 1 green! I am waiting on 2 other EE's, 2 Welsummers, 1 Cuckoo Maran and my BA! It's SO FUN!!!!
celebrate.gif

Congrats
woot.gif
I am getting white eggs, and a few brown. Hopefully I'll soon have some blue ones, and in about 3-4 months, I should have some green ones too ! Rainbow eggs
wee.gif

Don't feel silly! That's awesome! I hope to get some EE's in the spring and I hope they lay pretty eggs like yours. Congrats!

Quote:
You have every right to celebrate!
wee.gif
I remember how I felt when I recieved my first blue egg! Of course, the poor chicken was practically pecked to death for being in a nesting box that an older chicken wanted, so I took her into the house, and once she felt better, I hugged her and told her how wonderfull she was, and the next day, I told her how wonderfull her egg tasted!!!
tongue2.gif

Congrats!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I've had chickens for 4 yrs or so - and I still get excited to see all my pretty eggs
love.gif

I love having a multicolored flock - and multicolored eggs!!
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

appreciating what you have is good for the soul
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom