Ivermectin 0.1%- Can we eat their eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Cynthia, that is just the info I needed. I am planning to take a fecal in to the vet in May when I take my dogs in for their yearly exam and if it is negative, probably won't do wormer. I am still considering this though because I have read that a fecal can be false negative. So, I don't have a definate plan yet. Now, with the info you gave me, I will be ready to make a plan. I really appreciate the advice and willingness to help that you and others on this site offer.

I did forget to mention one thing; since the Eprinex PourOn has no meat or milk withdrawal for cattle, I have taken that as no egg withdrawal as well. Use your own discretion with that, however, and if you feel safer not eating the eggs for awhile, then that would be up to you. Glad to help.

First of all, I asked a simple question. There are people on here who have successfully helped me in the past, and I know who they are. I'm an adult and I'm able to take or leave any information that's given to me. Wonderful. That's what I'm hoping, because some of the information that you've been given is questionable.
Secondly, to insinuate that I shouldn't keep animals because of a simple question is ludicrous. Read carefully. If you do, you'll see that my comment was in response to others who speculated some reasons for someone in your position to possibly not give the meds when directed. It was never mentioned that you personally shouldn't keep them just for asking a question. Context, context, context.Third, you don't know squat about my vet. Are you a vet? Didn't think so. My vet has never steered me in the wrong direction. No matter what anyone on here says, I will give the medication he gave me AND give it the times he told me to. End of story. Good! That's what I've been arguing for all along! If you read carefully you'll see. I was arguing against those who said that you shouldn't, saying that it was overkill. It's as plain as day that I was saying that you should follow your vet's advice. Others were telling you not to. Can't you see that?.​

Professional, you are the one who needs to pay attention to what you read. I told her it seems like overkill, but if the vet recommended it, he must have his reasons. Some of us are just trying to help on this board, with no agenda, if all you want to do is rant, why are you here? I left your other post alone because I don't want to waste my time arguing, that's not why I get on here, but I don't appreciate being attacked for offering my opinion either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom