Ivermectin

Hen Hoarder

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2021
Could someone please post the correct amount of dewormer to use when deworming with equine ivermectin paste. I did this in the past, transferring to a small syringe and I think I found it here but that was about 6 years ago. I want to say it was 1 cc per bird but I can't find it in my file now.

Could someone please post the correct amount of dewormer to use when deworming with equine ivermectin paste. I did this in the past, transferring to a small syringe and I think I found it here but that was about 6 years ago. I want to say it was 1 cc per bird but I can't find it in my file now.
Welcome To BYC

Ivermectin has lost some of it's effectiveness when it comes to deworming.
It's still pretty effective when treating for mites.

For deworming, I would use Fenbendazole (Safeguard) or Albendazole (Valbazen).
Either of these will treat most worms that poultry have except for Tapeworms, then you would want to use Praziquantel.

Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

If you feel you still want to use Ivermectin, dosing is by weight and can be found HERE.

If you are treating Tapeworms, then Praziquantel products/dosing can be found HERE.

Back
Top Bottom