Jacob's Cave swapmeet Mo.

If I remeber I believe the spaces are like $25, I checked into it last Jan, it was every cheap. My problem is that I'm coming from Ca. & I wanted to know if it would be worth the trip with the gas prices & time driving. Which I've decided it was not, maybe we we move to Ok.

But that was a good ideal for alot of members to get together to have a larger booth & larger variety of items/animals to sell

Wow, I have lived in Southwest MO all my life, and never heard of Rutledge, and it isn't in my atlas, it is so small. Finally found a MO map and found it, up near the NE corner of the state. If it is bigger than Jacobs Cave Flea Market, it must be a hum dinger. I would love to go. I see that the last one of this year has just passed, Nov. 1.
Is it set up similiar to the Jacob's cave flea market, with booths down different little roads in the field? We couldn't get to all the booths at Jacobs, walking. Would take 2 or 3 days to see them all, maybe. Several had 4 wheelers they were running around on.
What is the setup at Rutledge? In buildings, or outdoor booths with lots of walking, or what? Their website isn't very informative, doesn't give much in the way of descriptions. Is there a lot of poultry, and small animals, or mostly crafts? Thanks.

Last edited:
Both times we went was the last one of the season....just a busy summer and couldn't make it up there. While we were there it was little houses and open booths. There were a lot of animals. I have friends that went up during the summer and it is HUGE. The last day wasn't so big, about the size of Jacob's cave.

We take our 4-wheeler, because you couldn't make it through it all otherwise... and carry things you buy.

Was wondering if anyone checks this page to see what everyone is taking as far as birds? I'm going to the April 2013 cave swap. It would be great if we had a place to post who is going!

I would love to go again this spring. Can't go to the summer one, as I can't take much heat. Bought 3 young hens last fall, and I didn't think there was as many chickens as usual, but we didn't get thru much of it, really, as I have some problems with my knee this year. (Don't get old. LOL) Back when I posted before (2008?) there were some members supposedly going to try to get together and find each other's booths, at least, and I never found even one of them. If you all get anything together, would love to know.

The Saturdays are great for finding chickens durning the cave swap meets. There is a central Missouri poultry group that goes and sets up booths. Cant remember there exact name. I'm going to find a goosling for my goose. I dont go to the summer meet. Hope you are able to make it to the spring meet, there should be lots of chicks from March hatches!

Is anybody going to the June 2014 swap?

Will probably go, but not sure what day, and have no poultry to sell this year, and also don't want to buy any--need to get rid of what I have--age creeping up on me so I don't need them to care for. Love to look around, tho. I have never figured out how to find others who are there and on this site. I guess no one knows where their spot is till they get there, so hard to let people know where you are.

Thank you Judy! I am wanting to go and I need some turkey poults. Only one of mine hatched so I need a few more so he's not alone. Is anybody bringing turkey poults?

Back
Top Bottom