jail time or not??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by team guava pastry, Nov 22, 2010.

1. team guava pastry

team guava pastry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Just found that our girls decided to start laying under our banana trees. So as of tomorrow I'm going to put them in jail for the day. Will this get them back to laying in the box?

I just figured that if I kept them in the coop for the day and they would remember to lay in their box like usual. What does everyone think??

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'd suggest their jail sentence be at least 3 or 4 days, not one.

3. Tropical Chook

Tropical Chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    For a crime of such a magnitude, I would also say they require a longer sentence. I had the same problem with two of my hens and I sentenced them to three days. It worked perfectly. I now have another hen up to the same tricks, but I have not yet locked her up because I'm not sure whether she's even laying any eggs at the moment. If sh is, she's being really discreet about it:lol:

4. team guava pastry

team guava pastry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Yea they are all going to do time tomorrow. theyare not going to be happy. but thats the price they are going to have to pay. I work the next day. So it will be only one day.

I'll keep you posted.

tgp

5. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Yep im with everyone here. You got a harsh jury. Longer sentence than 1 day. They wont break the habit in one day. You should send us a mug shot of them.

6. Tropical Chook

Tropical Chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Quote:Definitely not. I tried and failed, which is why such a crimes carries a jail term of no less than three days. Even, I consider myself as having been lucky in breaking the habit in only three days. So what if you're working the next day? They should have thought of that before staging an uprising [​IMG]

7. LadyinRed

LadyinRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Longer sentence, It took a criminal group of seven RIR's seven days to see the light and lay in the right spot with on and off parole for a few days before a big lockup.

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    [​IMG]

When is visiting day?

Now I have that song stuck in my head - Jailhouse Bock (or is it Jailhouse Rock?)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. PolloAdoro

PolloAdoro Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Conifer, Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG][​IMG]

10. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    I can't get past "banana tree". I can't imagine having something like that growing in my yard. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by