1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Janoel8-48 incubator:

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Allison Family, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Allison Family

Allison Family New Egg

Mar 10, 2015
    Janoel8-48 incubator:
    I have had my Janoel8-48 for just over a year and have hatched several turkeys and a few chickens with it. I have found the incubator to be very sensitive to the outside air temperature as the inside air temperature easily become too hot or cold with minor changes in the outside air temperature. Suggestion; I have found that the only way that I can an acceptable hatching rate is to keep the incubator in a room that I can control the environment (air conditioned).

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi & [​IMG]. I have a older Janoel8-48 and really like it. Mine didn't come with Styrofoam insulation/packing so, I added 1" thick foam around the bottom sides and duct taped it all. Now it stays very steady even though I have it in a room where the temp is never steady. I have a small glass jar filled with water and the lid on in the incubator. The jar helps keep the temperature more stead. You could use a cleaned rock or ceramic tiles on the bottom - anything to help stabilize the temp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by