Janoel8-48-- Someone help!

missashley09

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
I just got my janoel8-48 incubator and have let it run for around 3 hours now and the temperature is at on the machine 37.7C and my thermometer that I put in there says 40.7C. Any idea on how to regulate temperatures better? And my humidity is also low... around 26%. It also smells slightly like burnt rubber. Help me please!!

Don't know about the burnt rubber smell.
What's important to remember about temperatures is that all thermometers have a different response time. It may be 110 and the thermometer reads 94 because that was the temperature the last time it took a reading.
You need to let things settle a couple days and see what happens. The inside of the egg will be different than the ambient temperature. The egg will be closer to the average temperature.
The thermostat and heat element will cycle so ambient air may fluctuate.

I will def give it a few days... I am just frustrated because the manual is super confusing and not at all user friendly. I had a brinsea incubator (small one) and it was amazing. I just needed something bigger and this was the less expensive option. I should have stuck to the brinsea models!!

I have this same model. I put all kinds of temperature gauges in it...2 aquarium ones, my brooder temp gauge, a reptile hygrometer and of course the one on the front of the machine. I also did the freeze calibration on the ones I placed inside so I knew approximately what the temp was. Then you can calibrate the temp by following the directions in the manual. My first egglet just hatched at noon!

I had to calibrate mine as well. The temp was reading 1.5 higher than any of my added thermometers. I'm in lockdown day 19 on mine..no pips yet.

How do you do a freeze CA? I think I am confused on how the calibration works and what you set on it when you do it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom