1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jansen White Homing Pigeons

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Msbear, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    My grandfather passed in the late 80's. One of the things he gave my dad was his flock on homers. They are so graceful and everyone comments about them when they drive up to the farm for the first time. We fly them often and take losses from hawks no and again but, like them out flying.

I recently sold a bunch of them for around $4 a bird at our local Chickenstock... realized now I should've traded them as I want some new blood in there. What should I be looking for to improve them?

I'd like to keep the "Jansen" blood in them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some little squeakers [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
  3. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    I wish you were in Indiana for $4/bird for white homers.........I'd take 2 pair.

4. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    Oh my goodness they are beautiful!!!! Yep, Id buy some to if you were closer [​IMG]

5. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    How far is Martinsburg from Hurrican or Milton?

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    We are about 5 or 6 hours north on Charleston. Im trying to buy birds, not sell them!! or trade. Im looking for some new blood. The loft I was referred to on here had birds that started around $200 EACH [​IMG]

I just cannot afford that. I found a fella through my local pigeon group and he wants $50 ea. Im feeling a little bummed. I was wondering why the guy at the swap bought the whole sha-bang while breathing heavily and standing there watching his prize while his buddy went searching for a box [​IMG] well, you live and learn

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Janssens aren't just normal homing pigeons, they are racing pigeons. So that's why that guy seemed to anxious to get them [​IMG] Plus, white pigeons are just beautiful anyways. I have a pair of whites, one of which was recently attacked by a dog (I think she has a little bit of a limp left but she's basically all healed up). I have no idea what strain they are since they were given to me for free. A guy in my club has first dibs on them so I'll have to see if he actually wants them or not.

8. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    erin i want a pair when you get a few extras, let me know

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hey Dan, I'll save a couple pair for you in the Spring [​IMG]

10. SJMike

SJMike Out Of The Brooder