January Hatch-a-long 2018

My broodies are do then too.
I see you asked about eggs getting cold & can they still hatch. I have the same concern after getting home tonight to see my broody suddenly sitting in another nest with her eggs over there in the nest box due the 28th; I know the eggs can endure some cold while the broody makes a quick get-away to do her business. I put her back in with her eggs & am crossing my fingers, there's still a chance. So, hang in there & I'll be thinking of you & your eggs. Maybe someone has had this experience so close to hatching & has some encouraging words to share. Best wishes.

It's not a good idea to keep quail and chickens in the same coop. At least not in the same dirt.

I keep mine in wire rabbit cages or rabbit hutches. So they never are on dirt. My chickens clean up the feed the quail knock out.

Do you get the quail for meat, pleasure, or business? Or none of the above? lol

I am such a clutz, I have dropped like 2-3 eggs lately. I need those tactile gloves that just hold on to substances. Sheesh! Eggs literally sliding out of my hands and falling and breaking! Far too valuable for you eggs to be doing that, eggs! lol

Back
Top Bottom