Japanese Bantam hatched

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
I was a bit doubtful about the developement of my Japanese bantam eggs, even after I candled, but since I didnt know for sure, I kept the eggs in the incubator. I am glad I did because tonight one of them hatched out. He/she sure is tiny!
smile.png
I am keeping my fingers crossed that more of them hatch.
fl.gif

Thanks!
smile.png
I am going to sit on my hands and stay away from the incubator for a while,lol. Or go read, take a bath, ANYTHING but hover over the incubator!!!
smile.png

Will check back in sometime tomorrow and leave an update.

Sorry, no pics. I always have to explain that I am completely clueless when it comes to that. I have had people post pics for me on here when I have e-mailed them, its the only way I know how to do it.
Call me technology deficient.
hmm.png

Only the one little Japanese banty I think. I quickly moved him/her into a small brooder. At least the little one is close to where the other brooders are and can hear other chicks and eventually will be big enough to integrate. Probably with something from the upcoming hatches though. For chicken eggs I have setting there are Black Minorcas, Black Australorps, Blue Andalusians and going to set some Ameracaunas. For ducks its Silver Appleyards,Rouens and Saxonys. There are also three peacock eggs. Those are closer to hatch than anything else. IF they make it.
It is so tiny, I always forget how little banties are when they first hatch!

What temperature and humidity did you have your incubator on because I have 8 that I want to hatch and dont exactly know what temperature and humidty to have it.

Some people have said they are hard to hatch and so I just want to get it right. At the moment I have the temperature at 37.6 degrees and humidity at 50-55.

Back
Top Bottom