Japanese Bantam Thread!

A vid of young black tailed white and buff
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/chickens/coop/?action=view&current=SANY1028.flv

All the little black tailed whites and 1 white of my first hatch with some younger standard EE

SANY1039.jpg

BTW hen and the trio I kept:
SANY1302.jpg

SANY1280.jpg

An odd chick that resulted from some of the BTW I culled for obvious reasons.
SANY1609.jpg

Dameru sitting on his first perch in his new coop at 6weeks old
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/chickens/coop/?action=view&current=SANY0938.flv

Shortly before he died to a dog attack after safely getting all his hens in to the coop:
SANY1589.jpg

SANY1578.jpg

Telling the big roo off his hens:

SANY1581.jpg

The one in front is Kimi a little btb.

Unfortunately Dameru and Kimi's only son has a very bad tail that I'm thinking is genetic. The 2 btw roos I kept were also killed in the same attack without producing any offspring. My jap project has been scrapped until I get new better quality birds, I'm thinking mottled, and the hens along with my excess seramas roos are adding their genetics to the bantam EE flock to make even smaller blue layers.

Last edited:
I'm a Jap breeder out of WA. I'm cearently breeding mottled took beast breed, reserve breed, beast over all and reserve over all in the Jap groop. I also have Grays, Black tail buff, White, Black tail white, and some mixes. I would love to hear more from other breeders I mite be looking for new stock also. sorry no pichers I can't seem to get them on I just ca'n figger it out. [email protected]

Wow, I really love these last two. Sorry to hear that something got your BTW's Size. I need to get some of those pure white ones, so pretty.

Finally got some pictures of mine then couldn't find the thread again. Thought it would be in the sticky.

BlackJaps.jpg

WhiteJaps.jpg

Last edited:
Cold weather and possibly ice moving in, I went out and wrapped all the cages and plugged the lamps back in. Don't want any frost bite on those combs!

Back
Top Bottom