Japanese BTB molting

JenCorbett

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Gloucester Va
Hello there, I have a Jap btb (8 mos old) who is molting. She is not sick and is free of mites or skin problems.Her neck is almost completely bald and her chest is very thin. My concern is how much cold she can stand. The nights have been dropping into the 40's and occasionally upper 30's. Lately even during the day she seems a little chilly. Shivering just a bit when Im holding her. Should I bring her in at night? What will her threshold be in the day time? (50's-60's days) Any help is appreciated. I searched online and answers ran the gamete. Id really rather here from actual japanese bantam owners than trust random websites. I live in southeast Va. Thanks again!

She'll be fine. They tend to feather back quicker when it's colder. Increasing her protein intake wouldn't hurt-they some canned cat food, scrambled eggs, ground beef-anything like that will be fine. BTW-I am an actual Japanese Bantam breeder.

Thanks for your reply. Shes been shivering a lot. She also stopped laying almost 2 weeks ago, while the others are still laying. Just concerned for her. Shes our fav girl =)

Back
Top Bottom