Java Fertility

Secondary characteristic of the male during the breeding season:

1 - Thick neck .... inflated with bump of feathers on the back of the head.

2 - Swing the head down.

0.jpg
.... in Vietnam .

He shows .... all this?

He was never aggressive with the peahens?
They are afraid of him?

Secondary characteristic of the male during the breeding season: 1 - Thick neck .... inflated with bump of feathers on the back of the head. 2 - Swing the head down. .... in Vietnam . He shows .... all this? He was never aggressive with the peahens? They are afraid of him?
Dany12, I truly love your posts, they are always on point,
1f44d.png
. Gerald Barker

Secondary characteristic of the male during the breeding season: 1 - Thick neck .... inflated with bump of feathers on the back of the head. 2 - Swing the head down. .... in Vietnam . He shows .... all this? He was never aggressive with the peahens? They are afraid of him?
It was weird he would lower his head to his two favorites and they would preen him so no they weren't afraid. If anything they though he was a wuss but didn't pick on him. They looked friendly towards him but he never tried to dominate them like all my blues would have.

It was weird he would lower his head to his two favorites and they would preen him so no they weren't afraid. If anything they though he was a wuss but didn't pick on him. They looked friendly towards him but he never tried to dominate them like all my blues would have.

Give him time, trust me that Green rooster will dominate. He is stunning a very nice bird indeed, congrats
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Give him time, trust me that Green rooster will dominate. He is stunning a very nice bird indeed, congrats
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Thanks Gerald
He gets another year to try. I have seen offspring from him so know he's fertile.

He's a beast, you dont have to say if you dont want too but, where did you get him?

Gerald Barker

A guy I met at a flea market was NPIP and had some nice blackshoulder spauldings so I asked him about the parentage and he said this ones son was the father and he was selling him as he had several offspring and was willing to sell him because of the toes, I think he said he got from Leggs or Hopkins said he was full blood but due to temperment I think otherwise. I still think he looks pretty good so at least 75%. So I sold a 4yr old white pair and bought him thinking that as many eggs as my spauldings lay this would be great. I can now tell you the cock is a very large part to how many eggs a hen lays. My purple dark pied white eyed (James Brown-hardest working peacock in the business) can consistently get whatever female you put in with him to lay twice what she did with another.

Back
Top Bottom