Java Thread

Well, maybe you'll find that it pips okay through the bloody area. I'm afraid I'm a little bit of an interventionist. I have an incubator that I can't see through it's just a small one that was cheap. So I have taken peeks but since it is small it regains humidity very quickly. I had no trouble with my last hatcheven though my kids kept peeking while I was at work. This time my third egg to hatch had pipped at the same time as the second but the second zipped and hatched and the first was making no progress. I pulled back a tiny piece of the shelland the membranes still looked intact. So I poked a small hole just so some air could get in. Within the next hour he had zipped and was out. Maybe he would have done it anyway, who knows.

I usually will intervene once most have hatched but I try not to open the bator when ones are pipped or zipped. I might sneak it out for a look tonight if it still hasn't done anything. I have 6 other chicks hatch but no javas yet

I usually will intervene once most have hatched but I try not to open the bator when ones are pipped or zipped. I might sneak it out for a look tonight if it still hasn't done anything. I have 6 other chicks hatch but no javas yet

What are you hatching besides Javas? I have a terrible case of chicken math. Good thing I have a small incubator. But if I incubate again it is going to be with a bator with a big window!

What are you hatching besides Javas? I have a terrible case of chicken math. Good thing I have a small incubator. But if I incubate again it is going to be with a bator with a big window!
Speckled sussex, d'anver bantams, silkies and marnas lol I just posted some pictures on my Facebook page. It's linked in my signature if you wanna take a look AND I have 1 java hatched so far!

Looking good on Facebook. Never thought I wanted silkies but they are growing on me. I'm up to 6 Javas hatched. Two still unpipped in incubator and one pipped under Anastasia and one unpipped. I think I will put some of the first to hatch under Anastasia tonight. This is her first time to be broody and I was hoping the eggs I put under her would hatch first and I could see how she did with them before I added. Where in Middle of Nowhere Georgia. I used to live in Tifton, GA years ago, husband and I loved hiking in the north GA mountains. We didn't love Tifton. Been building a grow out coop for the past three days and finally finished it today. The first chicks I incubated are almost 6 weeks and they are now in the new coop and out of the garage. They three cream leg bars I bought are out of the bedroom and now in the garage. Hopefully Anastasia will take the Javas or they'll be going to the bedroom. Hows the little guy with the broken blood vessel?

Looking good on Facebook. Never thought I wanted silkies but they are growing on me.  I'm up to 6 Javas hatched. Two still unpipped in incubator and one pipped under Anastasia and one unpipped. I think I will put some of the first to hatch under Anastasia tonight. This is her first time to be broody and I was hoping the eggs I put under her would hatch first and I could see how she did with them before I added. Where in Middle of Nowhere Georgia. I used to live in Tifton, GA years ago, husband and I loved hiking in the north GA mountains.  We didn't love Tifton. Been building a grow out coop for the past three days and finally finished it today. The first chicks I incubated are almost 6 weeks and they are now in the new coop and out of the garage. They three cream leg bars I bought are out of the bedroom and now in the garage. Hopefully Anastasia will take the  Javas or they'll be going to the bedroom. Hows the little guy with the broken blood vessel?

Im about 20 minutes from Augusta where the masters are held :) I love my silkies, they are some of my favorites. When I left the house a couple hours ago I had 1 java hatched, 1 was kinf sorta zipping...more like making its pip hole huge lol, and another still just barely pipped. The blood vessel one still looks exactly the same, I may try to sneak it out when I get home and open the hole, maybe hes still alive in there and just stuck.

The one that pipped through the blood vessel didn't make it :( I scooped it out of the incubator and opened the hole up a little and it was dead, it had pipped below the air cell and was a perfectly formed chick

The one that pipped through the blood vessel didn't make it :( I scooped it out of the incubator and opened the hole up a little and it was dead, it had pipped below the air cell and was a perfectly formed chick 

So sad. Wonder what happens to make it pip below the air cell. I had one pip at wrong end last time and hatched without trouble, much to my surprise. Wonder if it hadn't of been for the blood would it have been able to hatch. What's surprising is that any of them make it out. It's just amazing! I got 6 chicks under Anastasia. They all seem to be doing well.

So sad. Wonder what happens to make it pip below the air cell. I had one pip at wrong end last time and hatched without trouble, much to my surprise. Wonder if it hadn't of been for the blood would it have been able to hatch. What's surprising is that any of them make it out. It's just amazing! I got 6 chicks under Anastasia. They all seem to be doing well.
congrats on your chicks! My last java egg just hatched so I have 3 chicks from them and then 14 of my own with some more hatching still :)

Back
Top Bottom