Java Thread

Pics
Engteacher....nope I don't have any broody yet. I'm hoping in spring that I do though. The pullets sure are nice friendly birds. I have room for more next year. I'm looking forward to Spring already....
lau.gif
As far as Winter goes...
tongue2.gif

~ bigzio

Three broody hens NOW?
Wow...good luck.
If they are indoors maybe all will be well...your flock will be a tremendous size by spring !
As long as the eggs are fertile...Bad part is keeping all the birds away from the broodies and the broodies away from each other so other birds do not kill or broodies try to kill/steal the other's chicks...I put each broody in her own pen, so that does not happen.
If you have the space it may work just fine.

I have one in a dog crate and another in a rabbit pen. One bird has five eggs and the other only two. We have plenty of space, but will be watching this all closely.

blaundee, welcome to the java thread...I just bet the weather by you is nicer than here. We have snow on the ground and frozen waterers, it prolly won't be gone til spring. Good Luck finding the egss you want.

~ bigzio

Generally, the pullets feather out faster, and more evenly...and the males slower.
Yours with longer tails and wings that look way too big for the body is more than likely hens...Happy T-Day!!!
big_smile.png

Hi, does anyone have or know of someone that has a mottled java rooster? We have 3 hens but no rooster.
Thanks

I have two young cockerels, just starting to breed. They come from lines with a lot of white. Here's mama hen. Just snapped the pic today. I don't care for shipping. Where do you live?

8084_lightesthen.jpg

Both roos have a lot of white on their plumage closer to the skin. Here's a tail shot in the breeze, LOL. This is the one I'm keeping. The other one is a few weeks younger but full brother. Looks about the same.
8084_tailwind.jpg

Back
Top Bottom