Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
Yeah they did. I gave them to a friend and she lost them when her barn blew down in a bad storm here in IN.

I still think Blue Javas are possible but I am not sure how to get the right percentages of Black and White to make it possible.

I did have some success with what I think a White Java should look like.

My thoughts on White Javas:
the APA Standard on them was pretty much like the White Rock and some people suspect many White Rocks are White Java birds. True not true I don't know. But what I was breeding for was a White Java who mirrored the Black Java because this made more sense to me. A white feathered bird with chocolate eyes, slate colored legs and golden bottom feet.
In one of the old breeding books I found information on the White Java Chicken and their being a bloodline with this coloring but the APA at the time decided to go with the same coloring as the White Rock: reddish eyes and yellow legs & feet. I thought, no wonder they got lost.

So I bred White and Black Javas until I had a Black Java Rooster and a Black Java Hen who had enough White gene percentages to produce White Java Chicks with white feathers, chocolate eyes, slate colored legs and golden bottom feet; a very pretty bird, a Black Java with white feathers. Alas I have no photos and lost the pair last summer to heat when they were in the care of another.

Chris and I moved back to our farm the end of November 2010 and I have what is left of my flock in my care again.
celebrate.gif
So I am working on Black Javas for now.

javachick

Last edited:
Quote:
I was wondering where you got them from? I'm getting some eggs from Lyle Behl in the next while and don't know what to expect. I've seen a few pics of spangled hens and was wondering how long or what does it take to get a group of spangled birds? Can the auburn birds throw all black birds? Just wondering what I'm getting into. It should be fun either way. Any help would be great. Mike

well I just hatched 12 chicks and not sure how many he fathered and how many my barred rock fathered?

But 9 were black and 3 were yellow?

One is all his for sure!

Lyle has a lot of nice birds.... I would want som Icelandics!

Quote:
Hi rsf31tmp

I live in Vevay, IN a little town on the Ohio River in the south east corner of the state.
What do you have in Black Javas? Where are your bloodlines from? Do you have photos of the parents?
Thank you for the offer of some different black roos and hens.

javachick

I got a email, my eggs from Lyle will be coming after March 14 for auburns. He said last year there was alot of improvement in his flock. So I will see what happens. I don't know who has the auburns on the java club website but they are lookin very prety.

Back
Top Bottom