Java Thread

Here is one of the mottled java chicks. They are so sweet. I can't wait to see them feathered out.

I have not gone through the ALBC breeders book, but I do have the SPPA book here handy.

There is Mottled javas bred in NY and 2 breeders listed in VA ..is that close enough ?

Try Terry Johnson at :
[email protected]
Says she ships eggs

Soon as I have a minute to myself I will look through the rest of my breeder books.
Thank you for the info. I will definitely check with her.

Anyone attending the Rare Breed Show at Garfield Farm in a week?

If I go, I'll come home with more chicks...that might be a bad thing, unless I build another coop in the week between! LOL! Hmmmmm, I think I've got some plywood around here.....

Well, I went through the last of the mottled java eggs that were in my incubator. 8 underdeveloped chicks, all dead in the shell. Had 6 hatch out of 23 and had to cull 2 due to defects. My daughter was a little disappointed. I have since found out that the hatching eggs are from a few hens showing the auburn gene. I'm not very happy about that. We just wanted mottled javas. We will see what these babies turn out to look like. One question though, one of the chicks continues to turn in circles. It's very unusual. It reminds me of a cat chasing its tail. Has anyone ever had a chick do that? I almost think there maybe some genetic defect in these particular hatching eggs. I definetly don't want to breed them if there is, but I'm putting the cart before the horse.

Back
Top Bottom