Java Thread

Oh, I think one was most likely Tacey Perkins of "Yesteryear Poultry and Seed" (without and "R") She's in CA but I don't think she has Mottled Java any longer.

When Java Breeders finishes the updated site, there should be a new "Breeders Listing" section.

Thanks.

Just making sure you know I don't keep Mottled though, I do remember a CA farm with them years ago (wish I could remember the name).

My purpose is to assist Bob as the newsletter states and keep the list for the McGraw/Mottled Java project.

Make sure and keep track and give names to Jim Ward since he is the one that has been keeping track of the various bloodlines. I think he is only adding people who are doing serious SOP breeding and doing it for longer than 5 years, but it would help him to see who has the birds so he can have an idea of where they are going.

Already taken care of...

thumbsup.gif

I WISH I HAD A 100 EGGS TODAY THEY WOULD ALL BE SOLD;
lol.png
Don't Forget David he has the pure McGraw line and lives about a mile from where Dr. McGraw's son lived who had the stock after his dad died.

So if he has plenty of females this year he should or if he has time be able to supply the real gene pool to those who need Mottled Javas of this line as well.

bob

Thanks Bob.

Yes, we are in contact and I forwarded his info to Jim the same day of his introduction/announcement.

He's currently in the process of setting up his breeding pen structures.
woot.gif

This is great news for the Mottled Java indeed !

Don't Forget David he has the pure McGraw line and lives about a mile from where Dr. McGraw's son lived who had the stock after his dad died.

So if he has plenty of females this year he should or if he has time be able to supply the real gene pool to those who need Mottled Javas of this line as well.

bob

This is good news. Thanks for sharing this information here.

Yes, it was quite a day when we published the Fall newsletter/McGraw Mottled Java project and David simultaneously came forward with his exiting news!

2014 will be a great year for the Mottled Java!

yippiechickie.gif

I saw an ad in our local paper for 8 week old Black Java chicks for $10. Wondering if I should drive the hour or so to get them.

If you can get pullets for 10 each that sounds like a great deal but If it were me I would call the person and ask where they got them. Ideal hatchery offer Black Java chicks and you may want to get yours from a breeder working on improving the breed rather than someone who bought from a hatchery because quality will probably be better. I may be just making a prejudiced assumption but in general hatchery lines are about pumping out chicks and less about quality.

If what you want is a pretty black bird to add to your existing flock and you don't care about breeding that is fine too. I am sure you will be happy with the price and most likely the temperament too. I just know that my first chicks were all hatchery then I started buying from breeders and the difference is obvious. My hatchery girls are great and I am happy with them but the breeder stock makes for better eye candy
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom