Java Thread

There are not many folks with Javas up this way. You could try Noelle in Lubec. I know she just got into Javas. I would ask where her stock came from though.

Hi all!

I'm in southwestern Pennsylvania, Washington county. Does anyone know of any Black Java breeders either locally, or online sellers that provide a choice of males or females? I'm just getting started with chickens this spring, and I really only want a few. I'd rather not order straight run birds and take a chance on getting roosters— I don't know what I'd even do with them.

Thanks!

Hi all!

I'm in southwestern Pennsylvania, Washington county. Does anyone know of any Black Java breeders either locally, or online sellers that provide a choice of males or females? I'm just getting started with chickens this spring, and I really only want a few. I'd rather not order straight run birds and take a chance on getting roosters— I don't know what I'd even do with them.

Thanks!

Try this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/292829/java-thread/1600#post_12928462

and

Java Breeders of America
Roy Autrey
111 Aurtry Lane
De Queen, AR 71832 USA
Phone: 903-278-1111
Email: [email protected]
www.javabreedersofamerica.com

I got three black java pullets from a breeder in Evansville, WI. They were 8 weeks old when I got them- they are now 10 weeks and have been in an outside fully covered coop. They are doing great and seem very hardy. I am letting them on the ground during the day. There's still lots of snow so they have a wood pallet and cardboard to hang out on and a tiny bit of snowy dirt to tread on if they feel brave. They seem healthy though two have smallish pupils and the one has normal size pupils. Is this usual? The eyes don't have any grayish film- they just seem to be dilated smaller.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:
ok Java nuts do I have a Auburn Java roo?

Background - I ordered 30 chicks from Garfield last fall. There was a single white chick in the batch and there did not appear to be any auburn in the group; however, now @ 26 weeks this week one of the roos is showing copper.

Any thoughts?

And a nice little java hen

Has he molted yet? hes handsome! could be he is carrying Auburn or will be Auburn when he is mature. I'm new to Auburn Java as well so I'll be interested in the comments.

Has he molted yet? hes handsome! could be he is carrying Auburn or will be Auburn when he is mature. I'm new to Auburn Java as well so I'll be interested in the comments.

JWEBB, nope is his just right at 26/27 weeks old. So far I have had little comment on him. I did notice he is getting some copper (straw, red whatever you call it at this point) on the saddle and wings now too. So, it is interesting for sure. The hens from that same group are black and look great. He is going to be a nice size, but I am unsure what to do with him at this point?

Back
Top Bottom