Java Thread

Pics
Any chance this is a Java crossed with a barred rock?

51397_chicks_and_babes_012.jpg

I see markings similar to our Easter Egger chick, the pattern on the head that runs down the back and the coloring on the wing tips. I can post a photo if you'd like to compare. But I'm new to this :)

Jeannie.

Quote:
What kind of Java ?
A black Java & BR would be a black chick with yellow belly & probably bib & spot on the head...the chipmunk pattern looks either Game or EE to me.
If so, the pea comb should have a dominence, if I am not mistaken, so what type comb does he the chick have ?

Hey haTHOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were right, this morning, the first fart egg!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

And it is a BIG fart egg too:
Sorry for blurry pic...

50801_wood_pecker_008.jpg

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
That has to be a pullet out of Maeve... That light color looks like her eggs! Is the pullet small? Maeve is 2/3 the size of my other girls and I hope someone will work on a bantam line out of hers. She s my best layer.

Quote:
Ya this what Lyle and others have been breeding for and it is starting to pay off. I don't think I ended up hatching any of the all black. Although that would of been fine. I will take pics as they grow and show everyone what these look like. I received 18 AJ eggs and only two were infertile and ended up with a dozen chicks. First time I ever got shipped eggs and it was fun.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom