Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
love.gif
love.gif

I just received some bonus mottled javas from rockinpaints (nellie) and boy, my heart just about burst when I saw them. I am researching them already and know I want more. I just emailed duane urch to get some next year. Anyone else to check with, or have good started birds?

My black Javas are all from Duane Urch. We're getting them ready to show at the county fair next week and are looking forward to showing a broody hen with chicks. We've had an incredibly dedicated broody who has faithfully attended her clutch through this heat wave and should hatch on Saturday. I'll post a picture of her at the fair next week.

Here's my steadfast hen.

40359_picture_011.jpg

40359_picture_010.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics thanks for sharing....good looking broody teach!

Wonder about the comb on that roo hathor? Doesn't look like single comb to me? Just sayin.

Success! Our Java broody hatched six eggs. The seventh was a dud. Here she is with part of her brood visible.

40359_broody_with_chicks_002.jpg

40359_broody_with_chicks_007.jpg

If you have to have more cute, here's the link to the youtube video I just uploaded.

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

haTOR is telling the truth his tips on his comb froze off at my farm. She bought them when i was recovering from heart surgery and had to downsize. But i'm all better now and got some javas back. As a matter of fact i got a pair back from haTOR and some eggs elsewhere . Today i had 10 out of 12 black javas hatch!!

That is great news chicken coach. I hatched out three BJ babes two weeks ago and have four more under a broody in the coop. Let me know how your babes are doing!

Evening All....OK, Ok, I believe you'all....LOL!

Good to hear your doing great CC...nothing but the best wishes for a long healthy life! I know some folks don't mind getting older, but it has it moments, eh! Way to go with the backwash haTHOR, nothing like giving back...poultry folks are the best yo alredy know.

How about that spelling teach?
gig.gif

I know Java's are slow to lay - but as a first time owner....the waiting is awful.
caf.gif

Ours hatched about 4/1. And three of the five hens have really nice red earlobes and wattles/combs. No more pink babies! Dark red! So I know it's soon enough. Haven't seen any squatting. Haven't heard an egg song. Still waiting....

Just waiting. And rooster is very impatient. He's trying to woo, but no takers! He's gotta be frustrated, poor guy - constant rejection! Although he's being REALLY pushy about his desires, and I think the girls are just fed up with him. Time to give him some extra treats to share. Maybe if he did more wooing instead of stealth-attack mounts, perhaps, perhaps they'd warm up to him better...

Enjoy your Java's today!

Back
Top Bottom